Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quotie-Quotie

Saw this recently and liked it, especially the first half.:

The people I know who are happiest seem to protect their time and space. In other words, they don't spend a lot of time doing things that they don't want to do, or being with people they don't want to be with. They also say what they mean and mean what they say. The unhappiest are those who are blaming others for their woes and can't seem to shake off being bitter about a wrong that was done to them. Karen Leland

***

Found this again, and needed the reminder:


..but the biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make while doing this. I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three on them sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4, and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in a hurry to get on to the next things: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.
 Anna Quindlen

***

Asked Jemma what kind of donut she wanted the other day:

"Farkle." Which is how she says "sparkle," which means "sprinkle."

No comments:

Post a Comment