Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Very Good Day






It was pouring this morning, but I hauled myself out of bed and went to meet Sarah to run anyway. The run itself? Actually, pretty great. The rest of the day, too. Jason made me a latte before he left for work. I packed the girls up for a very successful Target trip and we came straight home to have a fashion show and play with new art supplies. I set their easel up outside, where it had stopped raining, and they were happy until lunch time.

Post-naps, we walked to Jersey Junction and all shared a big orange shake concoction that Annie chose. Jason was working late, so why not ruin dinner with ice cream? Later on, while we were hanging with neighbors in the front yard, Annie and Wyatt asked again if they could ride around the block together. We wished them well. A minute later, another neighbor came driving in from the direction Annie and Wyatt had gone. She pulled her car over to tell me that she had just seen the two of them around the corner, Annie hopping off her bike to give Wyatt a little push after he had stalled out, then hopping back on her bike so they could pedal next to each other. I would give a lot of money to hear the conversations taking place between the two of them during the three minutes it takes to pedal back to our driveway. I love to know that, even when I'm not there to see it, she does the thing that makes me proud.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, good for Annie. That sounds like a very kindergarten-like thing to do.

    ReplyDelete