Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Read Elsewhere: Ridiculous Fashion

At the beach a few weeks ago, a friend and I were paging through some women's fashion magazines we'd scrounged up in the hopes that the children would be sufficiently busy with the sand that we might have ten minutes to sit in our chairs.  (They were.  We did.)  And that right there is one of only two places that I enjoy paging through any kind of women's fashion magazine, the other location being at the salon.  I have never subscribed to one, and even when I DO page through them with a friend at the beach, I'm mostly pointing to something on a page and saying, "What is THIS?"

So it was with great joy that I stumbled upon Temerity Jane's snort-inducing "Cosmo Cliff's Notes" late last night.  The whole, many-thousand-word post is total awesomeness, but this part was my favorite:


I know I say this every month, but you guys. The fashion section. None of this is any good. None of it. You just can’t wear this stuff at all. No. You can’t. There’s no reason for it. There’s just no goddamn earthly reason for any of this. IT’S JUST EGREGIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment