Thursday, March 15, 2012

Recipe: Girl & the Goat Green Beans

At Girl & the Goat a couple weeks ago, my favorite dishes of the many our table shared were the green beans and the cauliflower. I'm becoming a vegetarian! (No; Jason would divorce me.)

Naturally, I had to find the recipe for the green beans (www.stephanieizard.com) and then, also naturally, I had to make them twice in a two-week span and take step-by-step photos of the process. I am committed to these green beans, I tell you. They are life-changing.

Girl & the Goat Green Beans


green beans
4 fl oz. oil
shallots
green bean dressing
cashews (or another nut if you prefer a different one)
aioli

green bean dressing
yields 2 cups
4 oz. lemon juice
5 oz. fish sauce
2 ½ oz. soy
1 tablespoon dijon
3/4 teaspoon sriracha
1/3 oz cloves garlic

combine lemon juice, fish sauce, soy, dijon and sriracha. transfer to blender, add garlic and emulsify with oil.









aioli
yield: 1 cup

1/3 cup green bean dressing (from above)
1 cup mayonnaise
whisk together









preparation
1. heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
2. add green beans and some sliced shallots for flavor.
3. add enough vinaigrette to coat the green beans. let steam.
4. add a handful or two of cashews for flavor. season with salt.
5. transfer to serving dish & drizzle with aioli.
6. serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment