Thursday, March 29, 2012

More Good-ish Things

I appreciate a nod to retro and I'm as big a fan of Mad Men as anyone (how great was Sunday's double-episode season 5 premiere?), but when this came in the mail yesterday, I wasn't sure what to think about it:



















My reactions, in the order that they occurred to me:

1. Why is she so mad?
2. What, exactly, is L.L. Bean trying to sell with this picture?
3. This reminds me of a funny story Jason's mom tells about the way she used to feel early in her marriage when Jason's dad would take her to the cabin, then abandon her to go fishing all day.
4. No, seriously. Why is she mad? Does she not like fish? Does he want her to clean and cook the fish? Is she mad that her daughter fell asleep? Is it past bedtime? Did he leave without telling her where he was going?
5. That guy is pretty proud of himself, isn't he?
6. What year is it supposed to be here?

(Edited to add Jemma's take: "Oh, I know why she's mad. It's because the little girl is wearing tap shoes to the beach!" They are technically saddle shoes, but she has a valid point.)

I did not find the answers to any of these questions, but I did have a good laugh about the picture with Katie before our run this morning.

*****

Annie has taken to sleeping in her sleeping bag, on top of her bed. I think it's so she doesn't have to make her bed in the morning. That's creative problem-solving, I guess.

*****

Jemma gave herself her entire bath last night: soap, shampoo, conditioner, the whole nine yards. When she got out and I was helping to towel her off, she said, "I'm the happiest yet!"

*****

Sarah and I found ourselves at Target at the exact same time yesterday morning, and the Target employees were not even really trying to hide their amusement at us as we expressed our glee at the new, improved SuperTarget produce section. "Look!"we trilled, "an avocado! At Target!"

No comments:

Post a Comment