Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

I have more to say - about this former second grade teacher now having an actual second-grader, about how proud I am of these two curious, smart, happy, silly, energetic, kind, creative girls, about what I'm going to do with my Twelve! Hours! a Week! when they're both at school from now on - but today there is only time for these snapshots of the way they were on the morning of September 6, 2011:  on our front steps, tummies full of oatmeal, wearing matching skirts and hugging each other good-bye on such an exciting day.  I didn't cry, but even while I was pressing down on the shutter it felt a little like an out-of-body experience.  I have kids, I thought.  They go to school.




1 comment:

  1. How many of these out-of-body experiences will we have? I keep waiting for them to stop, for it to one day register that I have kids, they exist in all their lovely, imperfect glory.

    I'm pretty sure it never does.

    ReplyDelete