Thursday, January 28, 2010

Of COURSE the Rat's Dad Dies

I just put Annie to bed after a very intense conversation about death. Some highlights:

  • "When I'm a grown-up, will you and Daddy die?"
  • Sigh. "When you and Daddy die," looks down, bites lip, "I'll still have Jemma to love me."
  • "Is Great-grandma Stryker going to die soon? Because she's really, really old."
  • "Is heaven dark?"
  • "How can God be here AND other places at the same time?"
  • "I won't ever, ever get sick in heaven."
  • "The saddest thing in the whole wide world is when somebody dies."

The cause of all this? The movie Ratatouille. I have HAD it with the Disney tragedy. Well, had it as much as a person who is 16 days away from, you know, going to Disney World.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, my 3-year-old is obseesed with death. We cannot go a day without discussing some detail of death, heaven, who is going to die, etc. I don't even know how old she'll be before I'll allow a Disney movie to enter our home. I'm going to be the parent that picks her child up from school any time a movie is shown. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete