Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Very Favorite Writing

I think that if I could freeze my children at any ages they've been so far, I'd pick either 18-24 months (so cute! such chubby cheeks and squeaky voices! and they haven't started saying 'no' too much yet!) and kindergarten. The writing and drawing skills from the kindergarten stage are particularly my favorite, so it is no surprise that I adore every single thing Jemma brings home these days. I love the inventive spelling, the backwards letters, and the scrappy little drawings so much that it's hard to part with any of them, though I do guiltily sneak a fair amount of them into the recycling bin during the day when she's at school. I try to photograph some of my favorites, though. To wit:


I like strawberries. I like cherries. (Other things she "licked" during that stage included friends, donuts, and her family.)


"Me and my family." Awwwww.



A recent self-directed art project with stickers and the most adorable spellings of Halloween words ever.

Speaking of hilarious and adorable writing, Jason and I volunteered in Annie's classroom to help with an oil spill simulation, and this is the thank-you note she wrote us a couple of days later:


That's a keeper, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, stop, Stephanie! This is all just too cute. The "Me Ead My Famalee" may have put it over the top. I'm totally picturing you sitting at home playing with kitties all day while your kids are at school, too.

    ReplyDelete