Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I say that we don't really have a Mother's Day tradition, and it's true. Some years we're with my extended family, some years we're with Jason's, and some years we're on our own. But it seems like one way or another, at least two or three of the holidays since I've been a mother myself, we've ended up hiking at Dune State Park, one of my very favorite places on earth. And that's what we did today: picnic lunch on the beach, phone calls to both grandmas en route, climbing the big dune and jumping back down, collecting ladybugs, stopping for ice cream on the way home. I'm not going to pretend that there wasn't the usual amount of bickering and "she looked at me!" and "but it's my turn to sing!" and "my legs are tired," but there isn't much that homemade cards and Anthropologie gifts, a good hike to the beach, and a good bedtime story later at night can't solve. So maybe this is our new Mother's Day tradition.









No comments:

Post a Comment