Monday, December 6, 2010

Make

I'm participating in Reverb 10, a project that urges reflection on 2010 and setting intentions for 2011 by writing daily.  Today's prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?


Other than food, the last thing I made, as in crafted-with-my-own-hands, was probably our family Advent calendar.  Daily, I'm so pleased by the simplicity of the structure:  ribbon, clothespins, envelopes, numbers, and the little slips of paper we find inside that direct us to a small activity to celebrate the season.  Today's activity was "Draw a Christmas picture to be hung up in the house" and the girls worked on it while I made dinner.


I've been wanting to make caramels for at least a week now - even posted the recipe on my sidebar - but haven't made time for it.  Maybe tomorrow morning, while Jemma's at preschool and I have the house to myself.  I'm already planning to start some lentil soup for later in the day; why not get out the sugar, butter, cream, and thermometer and make a huge mess in the kitchen while I know I'm not going to be interrupted?

No comments:

Post a Comment